The department of Orthopaedics AIIMS, Deoghar was started in year 2020 with a vision to establish a centre for dedicated patient care, clinical teaching and research.
Vision - To attain the zenith in patient care, research, and education is the overall goal of the Department of Orthopaedics at AIIMS Deoghar.
Mission – The Department of Orthopaedic Surgery aims to
- Provide a comprehensive and evidence based orthopaedic care for patients.
- Competency based education and training to students, residents and fellows.
- Achieve the leadership role in orthopaedic teaching, training and research in Regional, National and International level
Future Plan –
To develop the Department of Orthopaedics, AIIMS, Deoghar as a centre of excellence for various sub specialization such as
- Total Joint Reconstruction (Arthroplasty)
- Hand and Microvascular surgery
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Spine surgery
- Pediatric Orthopaedics
- Pelvis and Acetabular surgery
- Musculoskeletal Oncology
- Complex Orthopaedic Trauma surgery
- Out Patient Department
- Specialty Clinics (to be
1. Clubfoot clinic
2. Back pain clinic
3. Tumor clinic
- MS (Orthopedics) – 3 years duration
- MCh (Pediatric Orthopedics)
- MCh (Joint Reconstruction)
- PDCC (Musculoskeletal Oncology)